Avant 423 Decreases Safety Incidents and Increases Efficiency for Quick Cut
October 16, 2018
Australian Arborist, Qwik Cut, were experiencing safety concerns as well as a lack of efficiency within their business. The absence of a machine meant all work needed to be done manually, impacting work, health and safety as well as increased job timelines. Qwik Cut is responsible for removing the weeds from along the rail corridor which are prickly and cause large welts and lumps to form on the skin. In addition birds would also nest in the weeds adding a complication to removing them. Without a machine these bushes and birds nests had to be removed by hand.
In addition, the weeds and shrubbery were quite large and due to the size of his truck and the thorns on the plants, they were unable to be squashed down. This meant multiple trips for Andrew, decreasing his efficiency.
Avant’s all new 423 Articulated Loader is designed to enable operators to proactively increase efficiency and versatility without increasing staff or responsibilities, while simultaneously improving operator comfort and work quality. The size of the loader allows it to be parked horizontally on the back of the truck with the forks still attached meaning it can be used on any job site at any time.
The Avant 423 targets visibility and efficiency, lift capacity and power offering a range of attachments to suit any logistics job. With the telescopic boom as an option, the 423 loader powers a 500kg lift capacity and up to 2.8 meters high while the unique articulated chassis allows operators to move across a variety of terrain without damaging them. With over 100 attachments and optional cab fittings such as the fully enclosed a/c cabin, the 423 will help you do more with materials including carry, move, lift, grab.
Despite the increase in power, comfort and versatility Avant don’t compromise on safety. From the load sensor system which provides an audible warning if the rear wheels are about to lift off the ground to the Avant quick hitch system allowing easy, safe and fast attachment coupling, the Avant range maintains both functionality and aesthetics as well as providing increased opportunity for the operator to respond to machine issues.
Qwik Cut have seen a direct and positive impact by using the Avant 423. It offered several advantages including:
- The Avant’s boom can compress the weeds, meaning he can fit more into his truck. This reduced the number of trips taken to clear the weeds.
- Andrew no longer has a safety concern regarding the thorns and can now complete his job injury free with the addition of the ergonomic features of the Avant.
- The Avant is compact enough to fit across the tray of the truck meaning easy transport between job sites.
- The Avant offers a luxurious seat, excellent lighting and ergonomic controls reducing operator fatigue levels across the board.
- Avant Compact Loaders Vs Other Alternatives
- Speciality Trees successfully increases productivity and efficiency with Avant 745
- Australian Honey Group successfully reduces operator fatigue and load/unload times with Avant 635 with air-conditioned cab
- Rasmussen Apiary successfully reduces manual labour and work timelines with Avant 635
- New Optidrive™ developed by Avant