Speciality Trees successfully increases productivity and efficiency with Avant 745
October 19, 2018
Australian nursery, Speciality Trees, were experiencing difficulty surrounding manoeuvrability and manual handling throughout their business due to the large weights of products. This reduced work productivity and efficiency, especially when moving large weights and loading and unloading trucks.
“Manual handling and tractor use to undertake production tasks, wasn’t working as efficiently as we wanted. Operators were having to semi handle stock in between narrow rows or reposition machinery multiple times to complete the task”, explains Hamish Mitchell, Managing Director for Speciality Trees.
Speciality Trees were experiencing several challenges surrounding the effectiveness of production handling as well as moving large weights around their premises. Operators were required to manually handle stock in between narrow rows or reposition the machinery multiple times in order to complete the task. Extra time taken in production related processes reduced team productivity, product dispatch times and increased logistical issues.
Extra time taken in loading and unloading, reduced lift capacity as well as manually swapping various attachments or machines to complete a task significantly increased the man hours spent on business logistics. This has been calculated to have costed speciality trees thousands of dollars annually in productivity losses across their business.
“The Avant 745 provided the full package. Ithas innovative functionality and great performance reliability, great manoeuvrability and a great lift capacity. The Avant has been a cost effective purchase contributing to improved productivity in our business”, Hamish Mitchell, Managing Director
Avant’s 745 Articulated Loader is designed to enable operators to proactively increase efficiency and versatility without increasing staff or responsibilities, while simultaneously improving operator comfort and work quality.
The Avant 745 for the nursery and landscaping industries targets manoeuvrability, efficiency, lift capacity and power, offering an impressive attachment range to suit all tasks. With the telescopic boom, the 745 loader powers a 1400kg lift capacity with a lift height of up to 3 meters high. The unique articulated chassis allows operators to move across a variety of terrain including customers yards, turf and soft grounds without damaging them. With over 150 attachments and optional cab fittings such as the fully enclosed a/c cabin, the 745 will empower your team to work smarter, faster and achieve more with one complete machinery solution.
Despite the increase in power, comfort and versatility Avant don’t compromise on safety. From the load sensor system which provides an audible warning if the rear wheels are about to lift off the ground to the Avant quick hitch system allowing easy, safe and fast attachment coupling, the Avant range maintains both functionality and aesthetics with low maintenance and minimal to no service issues.
“The 745 provided the full package. It offered great manoeuvrability in and around tight spaces while being able to lift large weights. The extendable boom saved us time when cross truck loading and unloading. The 745 achieves greater power while using less fuel. It has a better braking system than others on the market, even compared to previous Avant models. The size of the machine to the weight it can lift is very impressive” says Hamish Mitchell, Managing Director.
Speciality Trees have seen a direct and positive impact on both their business and team happiness by using the Avant 745. The Avant 745 offered several advantages including:
- Manoeuvrability:The compact size and turning circle of the 745 assists in greater access in and around the nursery, boosting team productivity.
- Attachments:The quick attach and detach system not only saves time but with the large range of attachments available, operators find they only need one machine to do the job of 10 machines. Speciality Trees utilise pallet forks, general purpose buckets, 4-in-1 buckets, augers, trenchers as well as a range of in house tools specifically designed to maximise trees moved at any one time in restricted space.
- Load and Unload:The extendable boom allowed speciality trees to cross load and unload the truck from one side.
- Reduced Manual Labour:Manual handling, especially within the narrower rows of the nursery has been significantly reduced as the Avant can easily navigate tight and restricted spaces.
- Ergonomic: The Avant is ergonomically designed, offering a luxurious seat, excellent lighting and easy to use controls which reduced operator fatigue levels across the board.
“As a past purchaser of Avant machines, we were familiar with the models and service provided by Avant. While we researched other machines on the market we were drawn back to the existing relationship we have with Avant and the outstanding features of Model 745. Every Avant we’ve purchased has proved to be quick, efficient, easy to use as well as safe and reliable. The 745 has provided us with significant productivity improvements due to the size and manoeuvrability especially with weight”, concludes Hamish Mitchell, Managing Director.
About Speciality Trees:
For 40 years Speciality Trees has been a leader in the production and supply of advanced environmentally sustainable, containerised landscape trees for local government, the landscaping industry and retailers. Speciality Trees, grow a broad range of native, deciduous and evergreen trees in semi advanced to super advanced sizes up to five metres in height, including a range of specimen trees and shrub varieties suitable for screening. Hamish Mitchell is the owner and Managing Director of Speciality Trees. With a passion for trees in urban environments & a career that spans more than 30 years in amenity horticulture, plant management & development, production and plant marketing, he is a knowledgeable resource in all areas of tree selection and consultation.
- Avant Compact Loaders Vs Other Alternatives
- Speciality Trees successfully increases productivity and efficiency with Avant 745
- Australian Honey Group successfully reduces operator fatigue and load/unload times with Avant 635 with air-conditioned cab
- Rasmussen Apiary successfully reduces manual labour and work timelines with Avant 635
- New Optidrive™ developed by Avant